‘Here We Come’: World Trade Center is officially opened by Chief Minister Fabian Picardo

Developer Greg Butcher: 'Fantastically diverse range of companies at WTC'

1
SHARE

THE World Trade Center has been officially opened in Gibraltar.

Chief Minister Fabian Picardo, developer Greg Butcher and Governor Ed Davis unveiled a commemorative plaque at Wednesday’s well-attended ceremony.

'HERE WE COME': World Trade Center officialy opened
‘HERE WE COME’: World Trade Center officialy opened

Gibraltar’s new 254,000-square-foot office building joins the World Trade Center Association network, which encompasses 91 countries.

Picardo said: “We are proud to be here today to inaugurate Gibraltar’s first World Trade Center.

“Brexit is not the beginning of the end of Gibraltar, it’s actually just the end of the beginning and the arrival of this first World Trade Center is Gibraltar saying to the world: “Here we come.”

So far, 75% of the companies renting space at the World Trade Center were Gibraltar-based, with the remaining 25% coming from firms new to the Rock.

Regus are one of the building’s biggest tenants, taking over 1,300 square metres of space.

Bet Victor, BDO, Stan James Unibet and WaveCrest are just some of the big names that have taken office space.

A Costa Coffee and Supernatural are being set up and a new day GP will take care of the building’s residents.

Butcher praised the builders and labourers whose hard graft had completed the building.

“There’s a fantastically diverse range of companies that have decided to base themselves at World Trade Center,” said Burcher.

“Gibraltar is a service economy and it’s imperative that we can offer the major businesses that are already here, and international businesses looking at Gibraltar as a potential jurisdiction, the kind of working environment they demand in order to stay competitive.”

 

JOIN THE CONVERSATION...

  1. Greg Butcher? Isn’t he the guy who built the horrendously tacky Ocean Village in Gib? Built on the cheap and already looking rundown and out of date after less than 10 years. Congratulations on concreting over yet more of Gibraltar with your architectural monstrosities Greg.